Practice is a vital component in developing player skills and the Club policy, requires players to attend all training sessions each week where they will learn many new drills and skills to help further their cricket abilities both on and off the field.
• Official club practice is conducted on Wednesdays starting from 5.30pm during daylight saving. Venue to be confirmed (Chatswood oval is undergoing renovations). Please check the Training Session Page for details - watch website for wet weather updates for training
• Nets are graded to ensure maximum benefit to players. This year we will also be running some drills with a mix of senior and junior players to learn from each other.
• Specialist skill sessions will also be run during the season. Guest coaches will attend from time to time. Keep an eye on the website for updates on when these special sessions will be available.
• All players are to wear Club attire at all training sessions.
• Unless it is torrentially raining, training is on. If the turf wickets are too wet activities will be organised- watch the website for wet weather updates.
• Players are expected to participate during the entire session.
• Players are expected to attend the complete session unless work commitments prevent them from doing so. If for some reason you are unable to attend training, please let me or your team captain know as soon as possible.
• Club practice is the opportunity to work on improving your strengths and work on eliminating your weaknesses. The more you put in, the more you will get out.
• Club practices will be demanding but enjoyable and rewarding.
COACH: Mechelle Hare